There are a number of possible standard additions that many customers do like to add. Please find below these standard options listed:
Your rental vehicle in Namibia has a standard third party insurance and is insured in case of traffic accidents for 85% of the new value. The The client is responsible for the deductable (excess) of the remaining 15%, for which a guarantee by credit card is required.
If you like to rent the car with a lower than standard or even without any deductable (excess), then an additional daily fee will be calculated.
It is for example possible to reduce the standard excess with 50% or to have no excess at all.
The exact fees are depending on the vehicle of your choice and are already included in the rates (B,C,D) as presented in the rate overviews.
Important: the insurance company in Namibia only covers the damage in case of a traffic accident. Damage caused by negligence or the driver(s) themselves is not covered. Moreover, also excluded is damage cause by sandstorms, damaged glass/windows, damaged tires and damage to personal belongings.
Click here to download the detailed insurance explanation.
Or contact us in case of questions for your specific situation.
2. Additional driver:
In the standard agreement and for insurance purposes, only one driver is included (minimum of 25 years). If you like to make use of more than 1 driver, this can be arranged for an additional fee of Euro 2,50 per person per day.
3. Satelite phone:
Although your own GSM phone can be used in Namibia, you will only have signal in urban areas. A satellite phone can be used everywhere in Namibia, even in the most remote areas.
The rent of the satellite phone is Euro 9,- per day (excluding phone charges).
A GPS satellite navigation system, with the digital compass and traction system, assures you will never get lost in Namibia. This system is simple to use, has a battery and can therefore be carried during hiking as well.
The rent of the GPS system is Euro 5,- per day.
A compressor is used to inflate your tyres to the right pressure level. The compressor can be connected to your battery and is easy to use. With a compressor you are not so dependent on petrol stations in Namibia.
The rental fee of a compressor is Euro 2,- per day.
6. Cross Border Permits
In case you would like to cross the Namibian border with your rental car, then you need to have a Cross-border Permit. The fee for this permit is once Euro 50,- for South-Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe and once Euro 200,- if Malawi, Zambia or Mozambique is included.
7. Car delivery or pick-up service.
IIn case you would like to pick-up or return your rental car in another destination then in Windhoek or outside Namibia, this is possible. Please contact us for the fees of the destination of your choice.
8. Reservations campsites and accommodations
If you book a car with our organization in Namibia and you would like to have a few nights booked at campsites or in accommodations in Namibia, this is no problem at all. With pleasure we would like to make the bookings for you. We receive many requests for bookings in Windhoek on the day of arrival and departure and for bookings in National Parks like Etosha and in the Sossus Vlei.
9. Two-way radio\'s:
When you are planning to travel together with two vehicles or more, renting two-way radio systems is really adding value to your trip. It makes communicating with eachother so much easier. The installation is really simple and the radio systems do have a reach of at least 15 km.
The rental fee of a two-way radio system is Euro 3,- per radio per day.